Monday, January 21, 2008

December 2007

Books Read
*Superman: Speeding Bullets By: J.M. DeMatteis & Eduardo Barreto
*The Feral Man of Steel By: Darren Vincenzo, Frank Fosco, Stan Woch
*The Gunslinger Born By: Peter David, Robin Furth, Jae Lee, & Richard Isanove
SparkNotes: Lord of the Flies
Angela and the Baby Jesus By: Frank McCourt
*The Trial of Colonel Sweeto By: Nicholas Gurewitch
I am Legend By: Richard Matheson
*Heroes: Volume One By: Various
**Romeo & Juliet By: William Shakespeare
Manga Romeo & Juliet By: Sonia Leong

*Denotes a graphic novel or book of comic strips.
**Denotes a work read before.

Movies Seen for the First Time
Enchanted
I am Legend
National Treasure: Book of Secrets
Daywatch
Lethal Weapon
Lethal Weapon 2
Lethal Weapon 3
Bridge to Terabithia


From the books I read last month, I'll only discuss two here: The Trial of Colonel Sweeto and I am Legend. The Trial of Colonel Sweeto is a collection of comic strips entitled "The Perry Bible Fellowship". Be forewarned, "The Perry Bible Fellowship" is crude, bizarre, irreverant, and wickedly funny. I am Legend is the book that has now spawned three movies (Last Man on Earth, Omega Man, I am Legend). I suggest that even if you haven't seen any of the movies but you enjoy psychological horror stories that you read I am Legend.

As for movies, we have Enchanted: one name Amy Adams. She's the type of woman I'd like to marry. Daywatch, it's the sequel to Nightwatch: it's not as good a story as Nightwatch but has some even more impressive visuals. Until last month, I had only seen Lethal Weapon 4. On Christmas Eve my brother and I sat down and watched all 4 of the films back-to-back. I can't believe I hadn't seen those movies before. They are probably the best buddy action flicks ever made.

No comments: