Monday, November 03, 2008

Expanding My Horizons

This past weekend I took a trip up to Chicagoland to visit some friends. It was really good to see my friends and it was a nice little "vacation". In addition to getting away from the hustle and bustle around me and spending time with old friends, I always find it fascinating how many opportunities present themselves during trips like that. I'm a person who wants to live life to the fullest and here's a small sample of how my horizons were expanded this weekend.

1. I dressed up like a penguin. I've been wanting to do that since I was three. It was also the first time I've dressed up for Halloween in about a decade.

2. I tried sushi for the first time in my life and enjoyed it. I look forward to trying it again in the future.

3. I was introduced to the the comedy duo "Flight of the Conchords" and loved them. They are hilarious.

4. I was introduced to the cable show GOOD EATS on the Food Network. It interests me very much. The host Alton Brown has lived a life and has a career that is similar to what I want to do

5. I ate a Chicago-style hot dog for the first time in my life.

No comments: