Monday, January 31, 2011

A Funny Thing Happened On the Way Home From the Forum

A few days ago, I acted in another show opening. After the show I took a disabled friend home who had been a volunteer selling tickets. Before I left, the general consensus was that everyone was going to go to a particular bar afterward. A good friend of mine said she would call or text me if the plans changed. Well, I dropped my disabled friend off and ran a couple of errands. I hadn't gotten a call or text message, yet, so I drove by the local bar. No one from the cast or crew was there. I thought that was kind of funny. I went to a parking lot and played Tetris for awhile and still didn't get any call or message. I sent a text to the friend who was supposed to contact me that I was going home. I didn't notice until later that the message never went out.

On my way home, I tried calling another friend, but I was unable to get a signal. I thought that was a little weird, so I pulled over to the side of the road. That's when I noticed the text I had sent hadn't gone out. I tried calling my other friend, but even though my phone showed I had a signal I couldn't get through. I found that highly unusual. So, I turned my phone off, waited a minuted, then turned it back on. All at once I was bombarded with 8 voicemails and 45 text messages. It turns out the cast and crew and went to a different location after the show, but I was already more than halfway home (about 12-13 miles) so there was no point in turning around. I called and responded to the voicemails and texts from my friends who wanted to know where I was and then came home. I guess that could have happened to anyone, but it only seems appropriate that it happened to me because quirky little disappointments like that happen to me all the time. It's the story of my life. Thus, another experience for this real life Charlie Brown.

No comments: