Monday, January 31, 2011

Winter Blues

Where I currently reside, they are predicting a winter "storm of the century". It's supposed to have at least an inch of ice (in the form of freezing rain) followed by 12-16 inches of snow or more then followed by 2 days of temperatures hovering around 0° with winds up to 40 miles per hour. Many are saying it will be a combination of the ice storm in 2006, which occurred on my birthday in 2006, that left us out of power for 5 days and the blizzard of 1982, which canceled school and businesses for over a week and you were able to literally dig tunnels in the snow to get around. Winter is the discontent of my soul and this storm is making me detest it even that much more. I wish I had money so I could move to a warmer place or at least somewhere where you're not so abandoned when something like this happens. The place where I live is as close to living in a small fort out in the middle of prairie wilderness that you're ever going to find in the Midwest. I sure hope that groundhog doesn't see his shadow on Wednesday.

No comments: