Thursday, May 01, 2014

California Dreaming

Today, it is Thursday, May 1, 2014. The normal high for a typical May day is usually 65-70. The high today is expected to only reach 55. That's what the high is supposed to be, of course right now the temperature is only 48, so it might not even get as warm as 55 today. I'm wearing a hoodie and almost thought about wearing a coat today, too.

During the months of January and February, Fairbanks, Alaska was warmer more days in those two months than the temperatures. That means out of the total 59 days, it was warmer in Fairbanks, Alaska for at least 31 of those days than it was in St. Louis, Missouri. It has been a long, long old winter and even though spring has been here for over a month, this past winter just won't die.

I am not a fan of winter. It is the discontent of my soul. I love Christmas and don't mind the snow as long as I don't have to drive around in it. However, I don't get to just play in the snow anymore and the cold makes me miserable.

For most of my life, I've thought about moving to California. I gave the idea up several years ago, but that only lasted a few years. There's a siren song sweetly singing my name and calling me to that place and one day, I will answer it. In the meantime, I'll just be California dreaming until these cold days go away.

No comments: